Complex Geometry - MicroClimateMap - 1. The calculation has been terminated by the user!

Hi there, I’m really scratching my head over this problem I’m having. I’ve read a few posts on the forum with similar issues, but most of them have been attributed to bugs that have since been fixed. I’m trying to figure out which particular aspect is causing this analysis to fail and I’m drawing a blank. The geometry is quite complex and could stand to lose a face or ten, but otherwise the file seems quite simple really.

I’ve attached a model with geometry internalized and as far stripped down as I could, if you want to check it out. 20191014 MicroClimateMap terminated by user.gh (652.9 KB)

Perhaps it’s related to this? Microclimate Comfort Map - The calculation has been terminated by user And is there a way of circumventing the subsurface limitation?

Regarding the subsurface limitation in adiabatic walls, I just ended up deleting it (and it worked). I´m not sure whether that´s possible or accurate in your case…

Not really possible, it’s all one solid mass in a way, I’m just thinking if perhaps one section of a wall gets considered a subsurface.

I just took a quick look at your file - it´s quite a particular case, so I don´t really know what could be the issue. Hopefully someone else has an idea on how to fix it.

1 Like

Don’t have the time to check the file right now, but i suggest to check the process on a simple geometry to see if it works. If so, you know which parts to check. If no … start going backwards component by component (starting from the one that fails) and see if all the information needed for the calculation is correct (thermal zones are closed? Are there? etc).
-A.

It does indeed work, it’s fine when using both the example file geometry, and also when using a plain box geometry. Are there any good resources on how to troubleshoot your geometry? I’ve tried simplifying it as much as I dared without loosing too much shape, but perhaps it’s time to be a bit more aggressive in my simplification?