Create a shade and lighting schedule

Hello
I want to simulate shading and energy along with the light schedule. I intend to use the EPWindowShades component, take a light analysis, and define the lighting schedule from the output so that my simulation depends on daylight. I want to do it befor the shading surface be independently connected to the HB _ EPContextSrf component to get the energy output.
But I don’t get any output from the component if set number 1 for number of shade.why?
How can I create a lighting schedule based on daylight before simulating energy with shading surface?

I attached a simple file.

W-Sh.gh (604.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi Mohammad
I didn’t get the point but i guess you can check Integrated Daylight and Energy simulation, it may help you.

1 Like

@Nariman.Rafati

Hello
I want to use exactly the same method, but before producing the light schedule, I want to use shades and then produce the lighting schedule and get the energy output.

@Mohammad.hakim.a

By default, when you assign any shading control, Honeybee calculates the indoor illuminance in the center of the zone as a reference point that works with the Daylight:Control object of the E+.

So, you dont need to do anything actually, since HB overrides the lighting schedule fractions when a shading control is implemented; however, there are some limitations within HB like the number of reference points, in which you can override and customize your own setting by using additional strings which makes it a bit complicated but it is possible.

@AMIRTABADKANI

Thank you very much for your reply
The problem is that if I set a schedule manually or by default for artificial lighting, the final lighting consumption is fixed by changing the size of the window and the number of shades.But if I take a light analysis and generate a lighting schedule related to daylight, the final lighting consumption will eventually vary.

To solve this problem, if I use shadowBreps output directly for daylight analysis, the problem will be solved.

1 Like

Hi Mohammad,
I had the same problem, I also want to make my shading affect my lighting schedule, but I don’t know where you said the shadow Breps is directly connected to daylight analysis
thank you very much!

Hello @zhenzhoulai
sorry, I will answer you late.
You can use this sample file to Integrated Daylight and Energy simulation:
Integrated Daylight and Energy simulation