Daylight autonomy results didn't show window frame shade

Hi everyone,

My daylight autonomy results generated using grasshopper honeybee didn’t show shades from window frame and exterior shading. I remember seeing shaded areas near window frames in DIVA results.

The glazing in my model is one piece and window frames are behind the window. I assigned the window frames and exterior shading with shading material in grasshopper. I was wondering if I need to split the glazing so that the window frames are exposed and assign exterior wall material to them.

I have attached a view from interior showing the window frames, a view from exterior showing the glazing and shading, and simulation results. It will be great if you could give me some insights. Thank you!
Stacy

DA values are values that account for calculations at all hours of the year, so any shadowing is distributed across all of the points with each receiving shade at a small percentage of the hours of the year. If your had a point very close to the inside of one of the frame elements, then you might see a slight dip in DA, but only for those times where the daylight level dropped below the threshold value for the DA calculation (such as for 300 lux). Due to all of the reflected light near the window, this would also only be for a small number of hours and the impact on DA might be small.