Daysim 4.0 setup file for mac

Hello everyone!

As a macbook pro user, i tried to find the daysim 4.0 setup file for mac to use with the new ladybug tools on the macOS but the main website giving an error “http://daysim.ning.com/main/index/locked”. There are some files for windows on the different websites and here at forum also but i didnt find for macosx. Is there anyone who can share the file with me? Or any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

@feyzas ,

The new LBT Plugin (1.1.0) does not use Daysim at all. We use Radiance commands directly for annual daylight simulations. Also, the legacy plugin does not run on Mac and it’s the only plugin we’ve made that uses Daysim. So, long story short, there’s no need to ever install Daysim on Mac for any Ladybug Tools plugin.

1 Like

Thank you so much @chris . When I started doing daylight analysis with Ladybug, I thought this was necessary because of some videos I watched. So i thought it will be necessary for the LBT also. I didnt know that there is no need actually. It’s a bit of a silly question. Thanks again for patiently answering.