Delete "_Space" in import .idf

Hello everyone,
is it possible when importing an .idf file to remove in the Room definition the final part of writing “_Space”?

Thank you very much
Maximilian

Hey @MassimilianoBusnelli ,

Sorry for the late response. If your IDF has Space names that don’t include the _Space at the end of them, then they will be imported without the _Space attached to them. But, I guess in your case, you always have this because of how you are building your IDFs?

A couple of EnergyPlus versions ago, the E+ team decided to optionally support definitions of Spaces that were separate from Zones, forcing the OpenStudio SDK to come up with conventions like always adding _Space at the end whenever the Space and the Zone are the same. So I’m inferring that you’re making your IDFs with the OpenStudio SDK some way.

You can always overwrite the ID of any Honeybee Room using HB Set Identifier component. So that’s how you can post-process the imported Rooms to get what you want.

Thank you very much @chris !
I didn’t know HB set identifier. I will try it out. Yes I use a modified version of the legacy plugin in sketchup that combined with some python speed up my flow for geometry, then I switch directly to idfeditor, I have many presets done. Especially for complex models or detailed physical analysis.
Processing the data and displaying it in HB though is very fast and nice!
Thanks again!
Massimiliano

1 Like