DF: Color by HB Model

Hi,

I have been trying to color by HB model from a DF model, but it does not appear there is a straightforward way to do this. Each attribute, such as Room2D level, is colored instead. The identifier only appears to display as high as the floor level, but there is no option to color by HB model. That would be extremely helpful for these large DF models. Can someone direct me on how to do this? I could not find any relevant examples in previous discussions.

yes, i have same problem. when i want to check my materials that have been changed, i can not see them visually.
@chris please tell me does HB Face Energy Attributes work for DF Color Room2D Attributes or does not?
thanks

Hey @Geo_curious and @Aliarch ,

You’re thinking of Dragonfly models a little differently than what they actually are. The finest unit of a Dragonfly Model is a Room2D. So there are no windows or different face types like Floor/Roof/Wall until you translate the Dragonfly Model to Honeybee. This part of the Dragonfly Schema Wiki gives a pretty good overview of this:

So, if you want to color Faces and Apertures by construction, you need to translate the Dragonfly Model to Honeybee and then use the Honeybee components to color things by attribute like so:

dragonfly_color_by_attribute.gh (58.4 KB)

Otherwise, if you just want to look at attributes assigned to Room2Ds (like a ConstructionSet), you can stay in Dragonfly world and use the DF Color Room2D Attributes component with the DF Room2D Attributes drop down list.

1 Like

thanks @chris a lot. i figured it out. :slight_smile:

I did not know/recall there was a wiki. Thank you for the pointers! Very helpful.