Difference between different recipe components in HB+

Hello everyone,
I have some doubts about how the radiation and daylight simulations are carried out when using a different recipe component in HB+ and which engines are involved.

My first question is:

• does HB+ completely rely on Radiance as the simulation engine or is Daysim still involved in some passages?
    From my understanding and previous knowledge, RAD, ANN, DC, 3P, and 5P recipes all use matrix calculation to provide results, and they are based exclusively on Radiance, but what about the PIT one? Does it still imply the use of Daysim?

The second question is more about the use of these different recipes:

• from what I know, DC, 3P, and 5P are more to be used for indoor daylight simulations, so when transparent materials are involved in the calculation (with the last two to be used in specific cases with BSDF to simulate, for instance, dynamic blinds). However, I am not so sure when would be the best situation to use the RAD, ANN, and PIT, also because to me the RAD looks the same as the ANN with the analysis_type input sets on [1] Radiation.

Last, a question more specific for a particular type of analysis:

• for conducting radiation studies on a building/group of buildings taking also the reflection into account (excluding therefore ladybug for the scope), which of the mentioned recipes would be the best choice?
    I can obviously already exclude 3P and 5P but what about the others? And if specific hours of the year want to be analyzed, would PIT be the best choice since the “specific point in time” can be selected from the climatebased_sky component, or also some of the others could be a valuable alternative? (after all, also from the Sky Matrix is possible to select a specific hour using the hoys_ input)

Hope someone can spend a moment clarifying these doubts and correct my assumptions if wrong,
For now, thank you in advance for the help!

Regards,
Matteo