Different results for Honeybee+Radiance and Velux

Hello!
Comparative Radiance and Velux.zip (1.2 MB)
I did some tests with Honeybee+Radiance and Velux regarding how the sun orientation affects the illuminance level in a room.
I’ve created a 2,65m x 3,20m on Archicad, saved as an obj file, and then imported to Rhino and Velux

On Radiance I’ve set the sky condition to “Intermediate without sun”, and on Velux to CIE 7, wich I think are similar (maybe I’m wrong?)

Then I’ve rendered using 18 different sun orientations. The results are displayed on the chart below.

I’ve used the same reflectance and transmittance levels for both tests and the same date and location, but I’m getting quite different results. I’m not sure why. can anyone help me on this?

I’m sending the results .png files for comparison

If you used -i option in gensky then I believe you on were the right path.

The illuminance values inside the room in velux are quite high. Why these values are above 2000 lux?
Do you have similar radiance settings in both the tools?
Does Velux use ray backward tracing technique similar to radiance?

Hello @devang! Thanks for your answer!

On HB I’am using option " -i " on CIEsky parameter

I don’t think I have results over 2000lux, those are the results I got.

As parameters for Radiance I’m using:

Velux uses the Dali Engine, developed by Luxion. I can choose from 16 CIE sky types to render.

I’m not sure if my Radiance parameters are incorrect, or the CIE Sky, or something else…

Maybe is something related to the materials or windowglass type? Or CIE7 is not similar to Intermediate sky without sun