Direct values all 0 for 5 phase calculation for window groups defined with BSDFs

Hi all,

I’ve tried to adapt the 3-phase method sample file to use instead the 5-phase recipe.

I’m then trying to use the hourlyValues component to see the contribution of direct/diffuse light from each window. The side windows are just defined as regular transparent materials, whereas both the skylight and the south window are defined with BSDFs. I am able to see the direct contribution from the side windows (and I can also see the sun…scene…default.ill file populated with direct illuminance values), but the direct illuminance for the skylight and south window (defined with BSDFs) is always 0 (and the respective sun…XXXX.ill files are just full of 0 lx values).

Is this is correct? Has something gone wrong? For context I want to see each window group’s direct illuminance contribution to develop a control strategy for blinds.

I’ve attached the file I’ve modified.
08_three_phase_I_gridbased.gh (431.7 KB)

Thank you!

p.s. this is my first post, it’s been a while since I use LB/HB, I’m switching back from Radiance from the command line

2 Likes