Does anyone know how to automate the simulation and outputting data?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a python code or any other solution for automating a slider for running daylight simulations and saving data to csv automatically for each run? [not a multi-objective optimization - just automating the process]

Thanks

You can use Colibri for that (TT Toolbox). Look for examples in hydra.
Just be aware of automatically changing the name of the working folder to avoid over-writing the results (the slider value probably will be part of the name).
-A.

Thank you very much but what is Hydra? and I guess I should download the Colibri right?

Hydra is a “deposit” of LB Legacy examples.
Search there for Colibri and you’ll get 4-5 examples.
Colibri is to download from food4rhino.
-A.

1 Like

Thank you very mcuh, Abraham

Hi Abraham,

Sorry, one more question, I went through Colibri but apparently I need to move the seeds/iteration slide myself, right? There is no way to set it to automatic?

No. The whole idea with Colibri is that everythiing is automated.
From the following image see the red sign. After everything is set up you need to press the “Fly” button in the Colibri Iterator. Just be sure to set the boolean to True in the ColibriAggregator (The right component in the image).
-A.

1 Like

@AbrahamYezioro Hi Abraham, I have aquick question, is it possible to export the 365 days illuminance levels for different hours for each test point? so, each point will have a column with 8760 data

In theory you can. You need to filter the result for each test point and input (each of them) to the output parameters. This way you’ll get one column per point. Not sure this is a feasible solution to your question. Having many test points will make this option impossible.
This is with the colibri set.
Probably you can do that in a more logical way, but i (you) need to think about it. Will be good to upload the case you are talking about …
-A.

@AbrahamYezioro Thanks, it’s just a simple cube 3x4x3 with 12 test points. Thanks

In this case the colibri option should work just fine.
-A.

@AbrahamYezioro thanks. So I just create the rest points and connect them to the output? and done? or do you mean we run every hour with colibri?

You probably need to have a slider for every hour and have it connected to the iterator.
I suppose you have this already, but just to be sure. See the image above on the Colibri Iterator component (it has a n “hour” input hooked).
-A.