Does ladybug have a component for analyzing the sunlight hours on the plane

Hi,
Does ladybug have a component for analyzing the sunlight hours on the plane? This analysis plane does not affect the sunshine analysis as a physical object, but merely a plane carrying the analysis data.

1. As shown in the first figure below, now I can only input this analysis plane into the SunlightHoursAnalysis component as an entity to obtain the analysis data of buildings on this plane, which will lead to inaccurate analysis results.
  2. In the second figure, in the area near the intersection of the building on the analysis plane, the segmentation rules of the minimum analysis unit are also unreasonable, which may require an independent algorithm to ensure the rationality of the segmentation

LB doens’t define geometry for you. If you want the real sunlight hours at the street level, and the building are not laying on the same height, so you need to define this street surface. There is no magic here.

In the second figure, in the area near the intersection of the building on the analysis plane, the segmentation rules of the minimum analysis unit are also unreasonable, which may require an independent algorithm to ensure the rationality of the segmentation

You can check very old threadds on this. The thing is that the calculation is done at the center of each partition of the mesh (each square). Those blues surrounding the buildings are becouse their center point is below the buildings. You need to provide a smaller resolution if you want to get rid of them and get the “real” value.
If you thing an independent algorithm is needed for that … go ahead and do it.

-A.

thank you very much for your answer
I’m sorry that I may not have made the first point clear.What I mean is that I need a plane to carry the sunshine analysis data of the buildings on the plane, but at the same time this plane will not participate in the sunshine calculation.Although LB doens’t define geometry, I’m not sure if it has component support for this functional requirement

I see now what you mean.
Unfortunately it can’t be done with the existing elements. You’ll probably need to do 2 analysis and thenn combine them. One without the plane and the second ONLY with the plane as geometry input.
-A.