Does turning north 90 degrees set the south windows to east?

Hi guys, while on annual metrics, turning the north in sky matrix 180 degrees makes the south-facing windows become north-facing windows, right?

Now, if I rotate it 90 degrees, does the south-facing windows become east-facing windows? How can I check it?

Thx!

Hi @Farzam,
you can use Ladybug_North to visualize the north vector of your model.

1 Like

@Nimafo thank you very much!

1 Like

@Nimafo Hi, I guess I am doing something wrong! I have a rotated sky matrix 180 degrees but the north sign is still showing the default. When I connect the 180 degrees to the north sign then it shows the correct direction (south). So I guess by connecting 180 degrees to sky matrix, it is working properly and the north becomes south.

you should connect the angle slider (180) to _north_ input of the Ladybug_North component.

1 Like

You don’t connect the skymtx output to the north input. Instead connect the degrees value.
-A.

2 Likes

@Nimafo @AbrahamYezioro, Yes I get it and it changes the north sign in the viewport. But to be actually effective, I need to connect it to the sky matrix because the other component only shows the north sign. So when I connect it to the north sign and it shows the degree that I want, I just connect to the sky matrix and it will be working properly, right?

I’m not sure I’m getting your question right, but connect the same input you are connecting to the Sky mtx to the north input of the ladybug north component to visualize it, so that you won’t confuse the direction that your model is using.

1 Like

@Nimafo thx, yeah that was it exactly so I connect it to both!

1 Like

For future reference, the north component is only a visualization component and doesn’t change the north direction for the file or any of the studies.

You should connect the north angle or the north vector to each component separately.

2 Likes

The north direction can also be defined by a number between 0 and 360 that represents the degrees off from the Y-axis. It seems that in most components the angle is interpreted as anticlockwise, but in the PV components (Ladybug Photovoltaics Surface and Ladybug Sunpath Shading) it is specifically defined as a clockwise angle. Is this right, or am I making a mistake?