Download errors with open studio download - Grasshopper Mac version

I started downloading open studio on my mac and gives me a runtime error so much appreciate if anyone can help.

{0;0}
0. Runtime error (TypeErrorException): argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable

Traceback:
line 146, in init, “”
line 9421, in script

Not sure what should I do and also I am not that good with tech.

Hi @kkt, the legacy plugins are not compatible with Mac. If you’re installing the [+] libraries we need more information to be able to help.

Sorry Mostapha, What other information would you like me to share? I am currently using Rhino 6 Mac version.

Cheers
Kamal

What is the component that gives you an error?

See here for the best practices to ask a question on the forum:. https://discourse.ladybug.tools/faq

Hello Mostapha,

My apologies as I have never participated in these kinds of forums and I am sure I will learn soon. Here is the image

This is a very interesting issue.

I can understand how Daysim, Therm and so on are incompatible with a Mac, but I had not quite understood that the HB-Legacy scripts were also not compatible. This is a worry, for my second trimester large (200+) class. I must admit, I had assumed that because I can install native Openstudio for Mac and native Rhino, that the energy analysis could happen in HB-Legacy, and the example teaching for daylight would have to use HB-+.

We have just encountered this same error trying to let the HB bug fly in Rhino 6 just installed on a Mac. If there are no workarounds we may have to rethink the class.

I presume, as I can find no other similar issue of Google or in the forum, that this is a definite ‘will not work’ confirmation?

M

Hello Michael,

Are you getting the same runtime when you installed HB? I installed the latest version of HB from github.

In a word, yes.

My presumption from this is that honeybee-legacy will not work on Mac, and therefore the EnergyPlus/OpenStudio energy analysis is not an option at present on Mac, only the daylight analysis from HoneybeePlus.

My reason for writing was just to seek an acknowledgement that my interpretation is correct, in the apparently unlikely case that I have missed something.

M