Dragonfly Buildings from Solids creating extra stories

Hi all @chris
Im facing an unusual thing in Dragonfly (LBT 1.4) while creating a Building from Solid. The building has a podium which extends beyond the footprint of the tower.
The building is intended to be 5-6 stories including the podium all having a Floor to floor height of 4m.
When I import a Solid Brep from Rhino to the BuildingSolid component it always creates an extra story on the podium. Ive looked at example files which also have podiums. For some reason if I set the same floor to floor height for all floors there as well an extra Story is created. Please help me as im not sure if Im doing something wrong. Please see attached screenshots and files to understand what exactly im trying to say. Thanks
DF_error_FromSolids.gh (15.0 KB)

DF_error_FromSolids.3dm (154.3 KB)

Hi @Anmol23 ,

This is the result of your model tolerance where the height of your plinth geometry is exactly equal to the first floor height, meaning that it was just barely enough to generate a new story.

In the latest version of Dragonfly, we changed this so that the difference needs to be greater than the tolerance in order to generate a new Story. Updating your .gh file to the latest version of Dragonfly, it produces what you were expecting:

DF_error_FromSolids_UPDATED.gh (17.8 KB)

So just update your plugin.

Hi @chris thanks alot for the prompt help, i really appreciate that.

1 Like