Dragonfly model to Geojson_WindowsError

Hello, i am relatively new on Ladybug. I try to run an energy simulation with Urbanopt following the ladybug tools video tutorial on YT but i have a probleme with the model to geojson component and i don’t understand it.

I have this message error :

I don’t know what to do.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Hey @mtecher ,

This issue is happening because the component is having trouble clearing out the files of a previous simulation folder so that it can overwrite it with a new simulation folder that contains the new GeoJSON.

I know that certain programs like Microsoft office will lock files when you open them. So if, for example, you had opened a scenario.csv file in Excel and didn’t close Excel while running this component, it could cause the error that you see there. You can always solve this issue by manually deleting the folder into which the GeoJSON is being written before running that component. But my guess is that just closing all of the applications that you have open with files in the folder should solve it.

Hi Chris, thank you very much for your help.

I did what you say, close all applications and even put another folder name, it works!

1 Like