Dragonfly / UrbanOpt error

Yes! It seems we are correct here. Can you run the following file, which will set your HOMEPATH environmental variable to be your username that I saw in your previous screenshots:
set_homepath.bat (33 Bytes)

Then run the setup-env.bat in the URBANopt folder and let me know if you get a file at the following path:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\.env_uo.bat

No luck :frowning: and I still get same “invalid file” message in the setup_env.bat as before

Thank, @ApoorvGoyal . What if you run this file within the C:\UrbanOpt-cli-0.3.1\ folder?

setup-env.bat (649 Bytes)

Does it still tell you the file is invalid?

Yes I ran it from from within the folder - both normally and “As Administrator” Same result

Actually I just noticed that the default path is now C:\Windows\System32 instead of the C:\UrbanOpt-cli-0.3.1. Is this expected from the set HOMEPATH batch file?

That’s likely the result of running it as admin and not the result of running the new script. Ok, maybe this is not the issue. Can you send me the screenshot of what happens when you run this file:
set_homepath.bat (49 Bytes)
… then I’ll send it over to the installer creator and we’ll try something else.
FYI this .bat file can be run from anywhere on your machine.

@ApoorvGoyal,
Ok. Now that I see your most recent image, I can see that you did not one of the previous tests correctly. Please do the following:

1. Download this exact file: setup-env.bat (649 Bytes)
  2. Paste it into the C:\UrbanOpt-cli-0.3.1\ folder.
  3. Run the batch file and upload the screenshot.

After you run that exact batch file, you should see the .env_uo.bat in your user folder as long as you have hidden file display turned on.

@chris I am able to run the simulation with the above step. I am facing another issue now though - no output. But I am going to try a few things on that front before I post it here.

A post was split to a new topic: Using the URBANopt Component

Hi can I install Urbanopt on rhino 6 as well? it’s unsuccessful for me just wondering what I am missing

1 Like

Yes, it should all work in Rhino 6. Just make sure that you are obeying the version of URBANopt in the compatibility matrix:

If there’s a specific error that you are experiencing with the correct version installed, then please open a separate post about it.

1 Like

Hi @chris
I have the same problem with this topic. I took the steps you mentioned;

But it does not seem to find a file called Agoyal in the system. Can you show me the solution? thanks

Chris
I will go through all the steps you mentioned, but the env_uo.bat file will not be created in the C:\Users[USERNAME]. Is this a problem that says access is denied ??? Thank you for helping me.

Hi @Aliarch ,

The files that I posted were specifically for Apoorv’s machine and they won’t work on yours.

It looks like your system administrator has blocked access to the URBANopt installation. If you ask them to unblock all of the executables and .bat files in the URBANopt installation, you should be able to get it to work. Before you do that, I would also recommend upgrading to use LBT 1.3 and URBANopt 3.2 as you see in the compatibility matrix:

Hey @chris I went through the previous processes and the .env_uo.bat was created when I ran the last setup-env.bat file you shared, but now when I run the simulation I get “1. Solution exception:WindowsError”. I’m not sure what the issue is. I’m using the correct version from the matrix and homepath seems to be correctly where it should be.

Hey @chris ,

I tried the new LB 1.4.0 version and reinstalled OS, Radiance and UrbanOpt, and It takes a long time to run but it’s working now.

Awesome! glad to hear it.

Hi, I have the same problem as you, have you solved this problem? Thank you for helping me.

yes it is solved.
follow this topic

1 Like