Energy balance chart legend label not showing correctly

Hello,
I have a problem about energy balance chart legend labels. Everything seems to work fine with my energy results and no errors and I get the energy balance chart. It is just that the some of the legend labels are showing in the wrong location as you can see in the picture. I do not know why and I tried so many different inputs with legend parameters and nothing changed. I would appreciate your help and direction.
Thank You.
https://discourse.ladybug.tools/uploads/default/original/3X/e/2/e27a64da0ba1b8418ea37497e5a9e669bed8253b.jpeg
Lab_Building_Energy_Simulation.gh (750.9 KB)

Can it be a tolerance and units issue in Rhino? It looks like the component fails to convert the text to mesh successfully and that’s why previewing the legend fails. I’m not sure.

I will try that @mostapha thanks for the response. Now I have a bigger issue. My open studio does not work so I have to first solve that. I do not know what happened. It was working almost fine and then suddenly it only gives me this error “1. Solution exception:The type initializer for ‘OpenStudio.OpenStudioModelCorePINVOKE’ threw an exception.”

I will post another question about it now. Would you please take a look and see if you can help me with my issue? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Mitra

Hi Again @mostapha I checked the units in rhino and it is in meters so I guess that is fine. I do not know about tolerance.

@mostapha I have a question. Is there a way that I can have a meeting with somebody from the forum? I am having several different issues with my model and it is just hard to trouble shoot for me. My components get lost when I close and open the file, different components wont work at different times. I need some one’s help to make sure I have a working file and script. Is that something that you or your colleagues can help me with?

I would appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Mitra Sajjadi

@Mitrasdy ,

For the sake of keeping the discussion topics useful for everyone on the forum, please focus on one question per forum topic. It seems like you would also benefit by just searching the other topics on the forum before you post since many of your questions already have good answers here. You’ll find plenty of reposes if you search “PINVOKE” and probably this most recent one is the one that’s the most helpful to you:

Hi @chris I have done that of course. and for my issue with legend, I could not find a similar issue. That is why I asked it. And apparently no one has had that issue before and nobody can help me with that. My issue with open studio is already solved and I told that in the relevant topic I started for it. My main issue is now the legend and several other things which I hoped I could have someone help me. I know the process but it is becoming too frustrating troubleshooting every step.

I tried running your script but your components are old and you also didn’t internalize the geometry (so it’s un-runnable without your Rhino file). After updating your file and plugging in a test zone, it’s all looking good to me:

Lab_Building_Energy_Simulation_CWM.gh (763.9 KB)

@chris I am reloading everything now so all components would be the latest version. That is weird. I just tried the same file you uploaded here and my legend still does not work even with a test zone, so apparently it cannot be about rhino, right? I can email you my rhino file if that helps.

As @mostapha said at the top of the discussion, you probably have your Rhino tolerance set to too coarse of a value. Change your Rhino model’s tolerance to something like this:

Then re-run the Grasshopper script.

I exactly have the same thing, right?

@chris anything else might not be correct here?

@chris I put my grasshopper file with internalized geometry here. Any other idea about what might cause the issue that I can check? Apparently it is not my Rhino units and tolerance.

Lab_Building_Energy_Simulation_CWM.gh (778.5 KB)

Thanks,
Mitra

The file is working alright at my end. Without any errors and the chart also looks fine. @Mitrasdy, I would recommend importing the necessary rhino geomtry in a fresh Rhino file and try this grasshopper file there. Also, please try on another machine if you can.

Hi @devang, thank you so much for your response. This was helpful. I know that others had the same issue but I could not find a good solution. The link was helpful and I think now it is working fine.

I have one other question which I had asked before but is not solved yet, the energy balance chart I get has a messed up legend. The txt is not in its correct place. I also double checked the unit and that is fine. Do you have any idea how I can fix that?

Lab_Energy_Balance_Chart.gh (705.0 KB)

Thank you,
Mitra

Nobody can help you when the geometries are not internalized. Please also update the components in the file just be sure that it’s not something that’s already been fixed.

what does that mean @devang. I could not upload my rhino file if that is what you mean because of the volume. But I do not think that would affect the result. I have only simple boxes as different zones.

Thanks,
Mitra

@devang I have a question. Is there a way that I can have a meeting with somebody from the forum? I am having several different issues with my model and it is just hard to trouble shoot for me. My components get lost when I close and open the file, different components wont work at different times. I need some one’s help to make sure I have a working file and script. Is that something that you or your colleagues can help me with?

I would appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Mitra Sajjadi

Hi Mitra -

That’s not what he meant, no.
When we open your Grasshopper definition, this is what we see:

The Geometry components to the left contain no data and we can’t use this definition for anything - especially not for helping you. When you reference Rhino geometry in a Grasshopper component and need someone else to see what you see, you need to internalize the geometry in the component by right-clicking and picking “Internalise data”.

Is this something that you can reliably reproduce? If so, please post a relevant Grasshopper definition and the exact steps that are needed to reproduce this behavior.
-wim

I am not sure if someone can get on a call with you. But if you can share a grasshopper file with necessary geometry internalized and also share all the issues you are facing then people will be able to help.

The idea for us to trouble shoot issues here on the forum is that other users can benefit from it later.