Energy simulation - no results

Hi everyone

I’m trying to do my first energy simulation but the energyplus component dosn’t give me results and I cannot spot the error

Here are files which I’m working on

eNERGY.gh (749.5 KB)
Stanza a caso.3dm (61.9 KB)

I’ve done some more attempts

It’s interesting that if, intead of construct the zone by HBsurface, I use mass2zones, the open studio component gives me this error:

1. You need a newer version of Honeybee to use this compoent.Use updateHoneybee component to update userObjects.
    If you have already updated userObjects drag Honeybee_Honeybee component into canvas and try again.

Again other attempt; I’ve tried to use ladybug update component and (in both mass2zone and with HBsurfaces) I obtain this new error:

1. Current document units is in Meters
  2. Conversion to Meters will be applied = 1.000
  3. cannot create the working directory as: C:\ladybug\openstudioresults\7_JUL_12:00concept0\OpenStudio
    Please set a new working directory
  4. Runtime error (MissingMemberException): ‘int’ object has no attribute ‘replace’

Traceback:
line 4694, in main, “”
line 4972, in script

Nothing changes if I set another working directory

The strange thing is that with an example file downloaded by Hydra everything is working.

Hi @kdm.nivek,

A few important points about your file you need to check:

1.In Energyplus it’s not acceptable 100% glazing ratio. For example, you can scale down the child surface to 0.9 then, plug into the _childSurfaces input.

2.To create a window construction with one or multiple panes including window air gap Use Honeybee_EnergyPlus Glass Material component instead of Honeybee_EnergyPlus Window Material.
So, You can’t combine Honeybee_EnergyPlus Window Material with another layer such as window air gap.

3.Edit simulation fileName_ and remove special characters like this ( : ) and white_space.

4.It’s better to Update Honeybee & Ladybug also update your GH file’s components to most recent version.

best,
Omid

Hi @OmidmRashidi thanks a lot for your help !

Unfortunatly i still have some issues

1) I get this error:

Current document units is in Meters
Conversion to Meters will be applied = 1.000
Current working directory is set to: C:\ladybug\openstudioresults\concept0\OpenStudio
Duplicate surface name! Name is changed to: Perimetral_adiabatic_walls_Dup
Duplicate surface name! Name is changed to: Perimetral_adiabatic_walls_Dup_Dup
Model saved to: C:\ladybug\openstudioresults\concept0\OpenStudio\concept0.osm
OSM > IDF: C:/ladybug/openstudioresults/concept0/OpenStudio/concept0/ModelToIdf/in.idf
Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 8.8.0-7c3bbe4830, YMD=2018.04.29 10:52,IDD_Version 8.8.0

************* IDF Context for following error/warning message:

************* Note – lines truncated at 300 characters, if necessary…

************* 800 BuildingSurface:Detailed,

************* indicated Name=Window

************* Only last 3 lines before error line shown…

************* 801 Window, !- Name

************* 802 Wall, !- Surface Type

************* 803 , !- Construction Name

** Severe ** IP: IDF line~803 Error detected in Object=BUILDINGSURFACE:DETAILED, name=WINDOW

**** ~~~ ** Field [Construction Name] is required but was blank**

** ** Severe ** IP: Blank “required” fields found in input**

** Severe ** IP: Out of “range” values and/or blank required fields found in input

** Fatal ** IP: Errors occurred on processing IDF file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

…Summary of Errors that led to program termination:

… Reference severe error count=3

… Last severe error=IP: Out of “range” values and/or blank required fields found in input

************* Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).

************* Fatal error – final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.

************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

************* EnergyPlus Terminated–Fatal Error Detected. 0 Warning; 3 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 1.04sec

The name that it says is there so I don’t know why it shows this error and all the window’s attributes are filled :thinking:

2) It doesn’t like this list (for holidays) even if ti ask for it

Energy2.gh (788.6 KB)

@kdm.nivek,
just removed the glazing and added a glazing ratio and it works.

Energy2_omr.gh (793.9 KB)

1 Like

Hi

After some time of smooth woork, the file decided to stop doing so. This is what i get:

I rechecked what you wrote previously, but i couldn’t solve the issue. It seems that it has some problem in retrieving the geometry, but i don’t understand why.

Any idead?

rhino file finalmaybe.3dm (1.9 MB)

hrasshopper file Energy.gh (799.1 KB)