Energy simulation of office building with double-skin facades_Problems with adjacencies

Hi all,

I’m trying to run a simplified energy simulation of an office building with two double skin facade oriented through east and west.

I started following an example on the Hydrashare platform and I think the all process makes sense for my specific case. The problem is in solving the adjacencies between the central thermal zone and the two double skin facades. Someone can help me to solve this problem and give me suggestions?

Many, many thanks!
Best,

Angelo

Progetto_07-01_AF.3dm (462.6 KB)

Vented_Double-Skin_Facade_AF.gh (707.0 KB)

@angelo.figliola ,

Can you be more specific about your problem (possibly with an error message and.or screen shot)?

Did you follow the same methods used in the hydrashare example where you make sure that you have matching window surfaces on the two zones that you want to have adjacent interior window surfaces?

Hi @chris,

Thanks for answering. Attached you can find the screenshot of the errors.

I followed the example file on Hydrashare but the project is a bit different because I have two double-skin facades and another thermal zone in between.

Let me know if you have some suggestions.

Angelo

The error looks pretty clear: Both sides of adjacent surfaces (walls) need to have the same amount of divisions (and size i would add) and windows. Like if you were looking at the wall from each of it’s sides: You need to see the same.
In your case it seems to be that it is not happening like this.
-A.

Hi @AbrahamYezioro,

Yes, it’s clear but at the same time the amount of division and windows are the same. Do you have time to look at the file?

Angelo

Hi @AbrahamYezioro and @chris,

I checked the adjacencies and there were some mistakes. After that, I had a new error message.

Any idea or suggestion?

Angelo

Progetto_07-01_AF_1.3dm (1.0 MB)

Vented_Double-Skin_Facade_AF_1.gh (741.0 KB)

Working fine on my side:

Updated the file just in case.

-A.
Vented_Double-Skin_Facade_AF_1_AY.gh (742.7 KB)

Hi Abraham,

I opened the file you uploaded, and I also got the same error
[1. Solution exception:‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘name’]

Don’t know what to say.
It opens fine on my machine.

I suggest to update your components to the latest in github.
Attached the same file updated to the latest.

-A.
Vented_Double-Skin_Facade_AF_1_AY02.gh (751.2 KB)