I would like to share with you a post-processing method I developed to visualize EnergyPlus simulation output data in SQLite databas file format in the Tableau software to facilitate data analysis related to building energy performance evaluation in different spatial and temporal scales.
It is documented as a Gitbook in this link.
To use the workflow as introduced:
- download the example files shared in this link.
- go to Appendix I to install SQLite ODBC driver for Windows.
- In Tableau Desktop, open the Tableau workbook as shared.
- connect to the SQLite database generated from EnergyPlus simulation.
- refresh the pre-customized dashboards in Tableau.
It is still a work-in-progress document, so the contents will be updated later. You are welcome to try out, and your suggestions are also welcome.
Hope this can help to increase the efficiency of building energy performance simulation and evaluation, and looking forward to seeing your own customized dashboards.
Here are some of the dashboards as provided: