Epw file created with DF gives error

Hi @chris,

I used the “DF create EPW” to create new EPW files. The new files work perfectly with “LB import EPW”.
When I compare the data of the old file with the new files everything seems to be correct.

However when I use the new file for energy simulation it gives me a fatal error with the following error message:

** Severe ** Invalid Date info in Weather Line
** ~~~ ** Entire Data Line=2001.0,1,1,1,0,?9?9?9?9E0?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?9?999?9?9?9,1.7,-2.3,73.0695807036,100360.0,9999,9999,276.6,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0,0,9999,150.0,8.0,8.0,8.0,9999,99999,9,999999999,999,999,999,99,999,999,99
** Fatal ** Error in Reading Weather Data
…Summary of Errors that led to program termination:
… Reference severe error count=1
… Last severe error=Invalid Date info in Weather Line
************* Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).
************* Fatal error – final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.

************* ===== Recurring Error Summary =====
************* The following recurring error messages occurred.

************* ** Warning ** Temperature out of range [-100. to 200.] (PsyPsatFnTemp)
************* ** ~~~ ** This error occurred 1 total times;
************* ** ~~~ ** during Warmup 0 times;
************* ** ~~~ ** during Sizing 1 times.
************* ** ~~~ ** Max=7947.708252 C Min=7947.708252 C

To create the new file I used the headers of the original IWEC file in the following way:

new EPW.7z (317.6 KB)
NLD_Amsterdam.062400_IWEC.zip (223.4 KB)

Thanks for reporting, @Erikbeeren ,

It looks like the issue is because we’re writing the year as a float value (2001.0) instead of an integer value (2001). I’ll see if I can push an automated fix shortly but, in the meantime, you should be able to make a simulate-able EPW if you disconnect the _model_year_ from the component:

1 Like

Hi @chris,

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried to generate an EPW file without model year input but still the simulation stops. Now it gives me the following message:

** Severe ** Reading Weather Data Line, Invalid Date, Year=2017, Month=2, Day=31
** Fatal ** Program terminates due to previous condition.
…Summary of Errors that led to program termination:
… Reference severe error count=1
… Last severe error=Reading Weather Data Line, Invalid Date, Year=2017, Month=2, Day=31

************* ===== Recurring Error Summary =====
************* The following recurring error messages occurred.

************* ** Warning ** Temperature out of range [-100. to 200.] (PsyPsatFnTemp)
************* ** ~~~ ** This error occurred 1 total times;
************* ** ~~~ ** during Warmup 0 times;
************* ** ~~~ ** during Sizing 1 times.
************* ** ~~~ ** Max=7947.708252 C Min=7947.708252 C

************* ===== Final Error Summary =====
************* The following error categories occurred. Consider correcting or noting.
************* Nominally Unused Constructions
************* …The nominally unused constructions warning is provided to alert you to potential conditions that can cause
************* …extra time during simulation. Each construction is calculated by the algorithm indicated in the HeatBalanceAlgorithm
************* …object. You may remove the constructions indicated (when you use the DisplayExtraWarnings option).

************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 4 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
************* EnergyPlus Terminated–Fatal Error Detected. 6 Warning; 1 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 0.18sec

Runtime error (PythonException): ** Fatal ** Program terminates due to previous condition.

Traceback:
line 292, in script

energie.7z (315.3 KB)

Hey @Erikbeeren ,

You are right that there was another bug beyond what I stated above. I just pushed a fix for everything:

You can get the fix with the LB Versioner now. I tested it with E+ to be sure it works but just let me know if you hit any hiccups.

1 Like

Hi @chris,

Now it is working! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @chris, LB cannot read the new epw created with DF, any idea?

1. Solution exception:invalid literal for float(): None

I only changed location from first epw
Thanks

I cannot determine what is going wrong with only this information. Did you save it as a .epw?

I can’t recreate it on my end, @jeiv .

Here is a sample file that is running successfully on my end:

create_epw_from_epw.gh (31.2 KB)