EPWmap - update links to new weather files

I came across the OneBuilding update with new locations and updated recent years for weather files.
I was wondering if there is a way to update weblinks in EPWmap to the new files.
I have made template GH files for different climate analyses and its more convenient to use the weblinks from the map to reference EPW files through “LB download weather” component.

Current preview:

Wish to reference this directly:

Hi @srjn31 ,

This is an issue on our end. They’ve just been adding so many new files in recent years to OneBuilding that we aren’t always able to update EPWmap in time. We’ll have to update it soon but, in the meantime, it may just be best to get your weather URLs directly from onebuilding.org.

Thanks for the clarification, Chris. Will wait for the update. Cheers

Hi there,

I’ve been diving quite a bit into weather data these past days.

I came out to coding some components to fetch DOE and OneBuilding files directly from within grasshopper.

You can try it by installing the grasshopper plugin attached to this post) and the corresponding example GH definition.

Maybe I can contribute to update the ladybug epwmap from @mostapha ? What would be the correct way to do this ? Through PM ? Through PR from the GitHub Repo of this project ?

The project for my components is accessible here. And is subject to breaking changes soon :slight_smile:

Weather Data API examples.gh (14.0 KB)
ZymeToolbox.Grasshopper.gha (653.5 KB)

2 Likes