ERROR: "1. The IDF is from EnergyPlus version 9.5. This must be changed to 22.2 with the IDFVersionUpdater in order to import it with this Ladybug Tools installation."

Whenever I try to import the IDF / idf file, I get an error like that “1. The IDF is from EnergyPlus version 9.5.
This must be changed to 22.2 with the IDFVersionUpdater in order to import it with this Ladybug Tools installation.”

In addition, I cannot find an IDFVersionUpdater program. Could you please help me to convert the IDF to open it in 1.6.0 ladybug tools to simulate energy performance?

The IDFVersionUpdater can be found with the releases of EnergyPlus that NREL does like this one:

It’s in:

C:\EnergyPlusV23-1-0\PreProcess\IDFVersionUpdater\IDFVersionUpdater.exe
1 Like

Thank you very much.

However, there is different error this time.

Even if I convert the 9.5 IDF file to 22.2 version through IDF Version Updater of EnergyPlus, which is seen as the right version for my Ladybug tools, the program shows me an error like that

" 1. Solution exception:Failed to run OpenStudio CLI: Cannot load IDF file at ‘’

Could you please help me to solve this?

See the SS photos in this link: https://www.researchgate.net/post/Could_you_please_help_me_to_convert_the_IDF_idf_to_open_it_in_160_ladybug_tools_to_simulate_energy_performance

Hi @hatice.h ,

I’m not sure that’s the best forum to post that type of question on but it looks like there’s something invalid about your IDF that prevents OpenStudio from reading it. Have you tried opening your IDF in the OpenStudio Application?

That will give you a detailed report of what’s wrong with your IDF to make OpenStudio unable to read it. It generally follows that, if OpenStudio can read your IDF, then it should also be import-able to Honeybee.

1 Like