Error All of your HBSrfs must make a closed volume, what's wrong?

Hello guys! I seen similar post into the forum, but I didn’t succeeded in solving my problem!

I’m trying to define my HBzone for my thesis starting from HB surfaces but even if in Rhino the volume is closed (I have joint and exploded it), I receive this message “1. All of your HBSrfs must make a closed volume.”
Unfortunately, as new user I can’t upload attachments to give you more information; does anyone know which are the most common errors for this problem?

Thank you!

You can send a link to the relevant files.
Check the tolerance in Rhino (0.001 is what i use), work in meters (if energy analysis is what you want) … hard to say beyond that.
-A.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it isn’t the rhino settings.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aoghk3IrYBxollo0CMFvysm5zLXY

You can download the .gh and 3dm files here for further information.

Thank you!

Hmmmm,
You have plenty of ingredients to fail:
Double curved surfaces.
The intended window is the same surface as the wall. For the window you must to leave at least a framework around the wall. The window can’t touch the borders of the hosting wall.

First think i would try to do, is fixing the window issue. Hopefully it will work fine after that.

-A.

Apparently, HB doesn’t like your inner curved/angled wall. To test, I extruded the base curve of the wall up till the roof and trimmed the surfaces. After this, no errors were with HB Zones.

Don’t know how to help to make your wall working.

All the best.
AB

Thank you guys! I have finally solved the problem recreating the tilt curved facade with a double rails sweep.

Regarding the glazed surface it seems to work even substituting the whole surface with glazed component without frame.

Thank you!

1 Like

Expect problems when you get to the simulation stages …
-A.

Ok thank you, I am going to recreate the frame of my facade.

Hi guys, I have tried to launch a simple analysis but it showed me these two severe errors and I think they are still related to the geometry.

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** For zone: SALA_ESPOSITIVA it is not possible to calculate the volume from the surrounding surfaces so either provide the volume value or define all the surfaces to fully enclose the zone.
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** Problem in interior solar distribution calculation (CHKBKS)

I have tried with a glazing surface with small frames and with larger frames but in both cases it doesn’t work. Could anyone help me?

Energetic model.gh (587.1 KB)
Model.3dm (1.1 MB)

No one knows which could be the problem?

Hey, I have just tried your file. The first problem is by my guess created by the geometry. Try to simplify the shape. I have just extruded the floor and placed windows by ratio and then it works.
The second problem is by my guess caused by the L-shape of the room. This can be omitted or you can select different solar distribution - in my example 3 - in the component energy sim parEnergetic model-ae.gh (618.5 KB)