Error with "boundary" component & help for modelling surface roughness using Butterfly

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a parametric study that compares the outlet temperature of different earthduct configurations. I am building this combining the pipe meshing and indoor airflow example files that come with the installation as I have essentially no experience in openFOAM. Yet for this study, i’d like to use the general “boundary” component for my duct walls, as I would like to test sensitivity to surface roughness, in addition to surface temperature. I am facing two challenges.

1- I get the error shown in the image below, regardless of my input to the component. It feels like an installation error, but i’d appreciate feedback if anyone else encountered this problem.
2- Has anyone developed a method for setting the surface roughness of a boundary that they’d be happy to summarise here? I suspect that it wants a bit of input to nut but that seems to require more openFOAM (or even cfd) speak than I can afford at the moment :confused: