Example ladybug file Calculate_Views_for_LEED_v3 and v4

Hi,

I downloaded the example file from ladybug Calculate_Views_for_LEED_v3 and v4.
This shows 3 times the head height of the window. I believe this takes into account of the distance of the person inside the space compared to the height. However, LEED considers 3 times the distance from building to the outside view.

Regards,
Rinku

Hi @Rinku.David ,

Sorry for the late response. I’m afraid that I don’t know what you mean by “3 times the distance from building to the outside view”. All of the LEED views are evaluated from inside the building so the distance from you point of evaluation to “the building” is 0 when you’re inside of it. Maybe if you could include some specific language from the LEED credit, that will also help.

Hi Chris,

This is clear now.

I misinterpreted these two conditions.

Thanks,

Thanks for clarifying @Rinku.David .

ViewType2 (the one that you copy/pasted here) is the only option that is not supported by the Hydra LEED sample file that you cite. You will see in the Quality Views description in the LEED credit library that there are a total of 4 different ways to define a view is a “quality view”. As you see in the credit description, you need 2 of these 4 total criteria in order to get the credit. The sample file provides workflows for 3 of these criteria.

ViewType2 is more difficult to model since it can depend a lot on the shape of flora or fauna or “movement” which, if you ask me, is some of the vaguest language that I know if within LEED. If you generate a set of points over the flora or fauna, though, you can probably use a version of this other Hydra sample file in order to determine the parts of the floor plate that have a view to the object.

Thank you so much for the prompt response @chris The sample provided would help me to check compliance for view type 2.