Extreme heating loads after latest update 0.0.65 [Solved]

Hi,

After installing the latest version of HB and LB- Legacy I noticed an extreme discrepancy in the results I was getting for my heating loads in comparison to the same loads on the same projects with older versions. In order to understand the issue better I set up a script where I have two scenarios.

1. I generate simple zones without manually assigning any EP Construction EXCEPT from the glass.
  2. I decompose the zones from Scenario 1, I assign a very simple EP Construction with low U Values to all Opaque geometries and I keep the same glass EP Construction as Scenario 1.

The results for the heating loads are:

1. 65.9 kWh/m^2/year
  2. 731.9 kWh/m^2/year.

The results for the cooling loads are:

1. -1.9 kWh/m^2/year
  2. -5.5 kWh/m^2/year.

I really can’t figure out what can cause this. I upload the script and a screenshot of my results.

If any one has any idea I would be grateful!

I ran the example for Amsterdam but I had the same issue with other locations as well!

Thank you in advance for your input!

Best
Tasos

EnergyComparisson_de_Compose.gh (902.1 KB)

Apparently naming every surface individually and per zone is resolving the issue!

@chris for your note:

The renaming of the surfaces that is reported in the Open Studio report when you don’t name your surfaces individually seems to be fixing the naming issue and the OS runs the simulation properly but the results are way off at least on this latest version (never had this issue before)! I would highly recommend to add a warning on the report regarding this issue as for the rest everything seems to work fine.

Thanks a lot for all the great work :slight_smile:

Best,
Tasos