Failed to Translate IDF File to Honeybee (Failed to Run OpenStudio CLI)

Hi @chris ! I know this post is old, but I’d like to know if there is a solution for the following error: 1. Solution exception:Failed to run OpenStudio CLI when trying to read an IDF file on grasshopper (Build 1.0.0007) on Rhino 7?

I have installed the Pollination plugin for Grasshopper, which comes with the latest version of Ladybug (version 1.6). The IDF I want to read is in its last possible version (version 22.2). I can’t identify the issue. The IDF file is for sure located in the path file I’m indicating, so that’s not the problem either. Also have used the LV Versioner component to update anything that needs to be updated, but doesn’t work either. My IDF:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XgqUQ-zj4-5QKUUNrTSO50rOrgYwdr-/view?usp=sharing

Attached you can find the GH file too.
file.gh (14.0 KB)

Regards,

Hi @jgamero ,

I moved this to a new topic since it is clearly different from the other one that you posted on. When I use the latest component and plugin with your IDF file, I get the following message that is pretty specific:

1. Solution exception:Failed to run OpenStudio CLI:
D:\a\OpenStudio\OpenStudio\src\model\StandardGlazing.cpp@99 : Solar transmittance is not yet set for Object of type 'OS:WindowMaterial:Glazing' and named '10001'.

It looks like there is an invalid glazing material in the IDF that is causing OpenStudio to be unable to import the IDF. I can see this pretty clearly in your IDF file:

So I recommend making your IDF valid before you try to import it with Honeybee/OpenStudio.

1 Like

@chris Thank you for detecting the issue! Any recommendation on fixing the issue? What may be a valid glazing material that the LoadEModel component can read, for instance? Again, thank you!

Just specify transmittances and reflectances for your glass. If you open your IDF in the IDFEditor, all of the required fields that you are missing will be highlighted in pink.

1 Like