gbXML energy analysis workflow

Dear all,

I am developing a workflow for building performance simulations by creating the gbXML file from Revit and importing it to the ladybug tools to perform energy and daylight analysis.

I made many changes to the construction set of the model, different window ratios, but the energy balance results were the same: no Solar results at all. I think that honeybee cannot read windows in the energy simulation.

In contrast, it works just fine if I create the geometry inside Rhino and play with the materials and windows ratio.

Any advice on how to optimise the workflow for the gbXML model?
Any advice on how to make sure that the materials exported from Revit and schedules can be read and applied to the model for the simulation?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hi @omarhamed ,

There isn’t really enough information here for us to be of help here. Do you have a minimal sample of a Honeybee model that has windows but does not have any solar load?

Also, in my experience, gbXML models exported directly from Revit are usually a worse starting point than simply rebuilding everything from scratch. The Pollination Revit Plugin is still in free beta for the next month or so and it has much better tools for exporting clean energy model geometry from Revit compared to Revit’s native gbXML exporter. Here is a sample of what the different exports (native Revit gbXML vs. Pollination HBJSON) look like for the sample model: