GenDayMtx Error

Hi,

I am trying to run the GenCumulativeSkyMtx component and I was getting the error that the GenDayMtx.exe could not be downloaded. So I manually downloaded it and moved it to C:\Users\Kaley Blackstock\AppData\Roaming\Ladybug. Now it’s telling me: Runtime error (FileNotFoundException): Could not find file… see attached error message.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Kaley

Hi Kaley,

This is because of the white space in the filepath. Create a new folder manually (with no whitespace), copy gendaymtx.exe to that folder and set workingDir_ to that folder and everything should work fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will fix the issue with white space for the next release.

-Mostapha

I know this is an old issue but I’m wondering if this behavior of automatically creating a folder with underscores to resolve this issue is really a good idea.

It’s easy for users to run this script without setting workingDir_ and running the file from a shared drive This creates duplicate project folders on our server.

Maybe a message prompt to allow the user to set a valid workingDir_ instead of automatically generating directories?