Generate Shades in Glare Analysis

Hello to everybody,
I searched a lot but with any results. I’ m trying to create shades elements on my project. I conducted a glare analysis on a test box oriented to the South. To run the glare analysis i have no problem, it s very easy, but when I would like to insert shading elements I’ ve problems.
Using the “Honeybee_ Dysim shading group sensore”, I’ ve to plug in the input two sensor, interior and exterior. For the interior sensor I taken one point from the grid analysis, for the exterior sensor i taken a point from the glazing facade (is it a correct way?). I did not understand the workflow to generate shading, where have I to plugin them then?

I attached the 3dm and gh file.

Thanks in advance,

Luca
20190117_Ottimizzazione.gh (898.0 KB)

It looks like you are running glare for a point-in-time study. In that case you don’t need Daysim’s dynamic shading. Just create your shading surfaces as Honeybee surfaces and add them to the scene like any other surface.

Thank you Mostapha, I’ ll try as soon! Then I would like to run a multi-objective otmization with octopus, to minimize energy consumption and maximize the Daylight, but i never had used Octpus…Any advices?

Ps. maybe u did not remember, I brought to you the KADK’ s bicycle some months ago in Cph! :slight_smile:

Using octopus is very straight forward if you follow the instructions on the pdf that comes with the installation. Your main challenge is to identify the objectives that will best represent your goal. Should you use peak heating/cooling or should you use annual loads? Is daylight factor good enough for your study based on the climate or should you use and annual metric? Which annual metric best represents a well daylit space in your case? and so on…

Do you really need optimization? Is there a chance that you already know the driving parameters and can use an easier way to get the answer instead of using an optimization?

you right, and I have not time now to run a optimization, I’m setting my parameters and will run two o three different simulation to obtain the best test. I will use octopus the next time!
Thank you a lot!
luca