Grasshopper and Envi-met

Hi there everyone!

So the task at hand is, I have several Rhino files which are actually the 3d models of a built area. I would like to convert that file into an INX file and eventually
recreate the same structures inside Envi-met model. However, at the start of the procedure, when I use the “DFEnvimetlocation” component I get the error:

"1. Solution exception:Input string was not in a correct format."

What could I be doing wrong?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am new at both Rhino/Grasshopper and Envi_met. !

Thanks for any help!!

Hi @dimitris90 Please post some screeshot about your workflow.

Sure @minggangyin !

Thanks again!

You are mixing Legacy with LBT components. They don’t work together.
You probably need to use the constructLocation from Legacy.

-A.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! This is what i am doing though…So according to the tutorial in the Envimet site (Support - ENVI-met) this is how they do it. They use the LB “constructLocation” component and then connect it to the “envimetLocation” which is a DF Legacy component. But this for me does not work (“EnvimetLocation” component turns red and gives me the error). Not sure what to do… :roll_eyes:

You need to use just Legacy components. Like so:

-A.

1 Like

Sorry but what do you mean by Legacy components? The only package I have is DF-Legacy which does not seem to have such a component you are showing. Is it a different plugin? Sorry again for the questions.

Legacy is the previous version of Ladybug before the actual LBT.
I don’t know how you get to have only DF-Legacy without the other modules. The component i showed can be found in the LB-Legacy tab (which you don’t have).
You can find the legacy in food4rhino. Look for the Ladybug 0.0.69 and Honeybee 0.0.66 [Legacy Plugins] item.

-A.

Oh I see. I had no clue. Thanks a lot @AbrahamYezioro ! I will try that and let you know!

It did work finally! Thanks for the guidance @AbrahamYezioro !!