Grid based analysis problem

Hello, and thank you for your wonderful plugin.
I am trying to model a light-well in honeybee to do grid based analysis, I just want to calculate the floors but when I want to select the floors by using the "decompose based on type ", it doesn’t work for me…
I will be appreciated if anyone has an idea how to select the floors in order to get the output results for annual daylight simulation… thank youproblem.gh (548.3 KB)

@SaeranVasanthakumar you have been always helping me and the only thing I can do is to say thank you :slight_smile:

No problem @math202. Unfortunately I can’t look at your script since I don’t have Legacy LB installed. However, this sounds relatively solvable so I’m sure someone will come along with the answer.

1 Like

decompose based on type needs thermal zones to give you the floors. Since you are not defining such zones, you can use the Legacy LB_separate By Normal component.
See attached yellow group.
-A.
problem_AY.gh (555.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you Abraham , the grid based analysis has been solved … but just one question when i want to calculate the annual daylight simulation for selected surface, the result is sth wrong with it… I mean all parts of grid surface become maximum radiation…

problem_AY.gh (560.9 KB)

@AbrahamYezioro DO you have any idea how can i fix it? a million thanks

See attached.
Lots of cleaning, but also basic definitions for this to work.
-A.
problem_AY_01.gh (562.5 KB)

many thanks Abraham … I ran this simulation and here is my result according to Mashhad weather data…

is there any wrong with it?
@AbrahamYezioro

Probably you don’t have any windows in the zones.
-A.

Attached an improved version from yesterday’s.
-A.
problem_AY_02.gh (566.4 KB)

I dont know how to say thank ya dear Abraham … nice work :slight_smile: