GroundDomain. Set surface boundary condition to "OtherSideConditionsModel"

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so first of all, thank you very much to all who contributed to this great piece of software!

In order to use the object “Site:GroundDomain:Slab” in my EnergyPlus simulation, I need to set the boundary condition of my surfaces in contact with the slab to “OtherSideConditionsModel”, but the “CreateHBSrfs” only allows “ground”, “adiabatic” or “Outdoors” in the EPBC input.

I have double clicked on the “CreateHBSrfs” and modified it as shown in the attached picture. It seems to work fine.

I plan to use additionalStrings_ input on the HB_RunEnergySimulation component to add the rest of the necessary objects (GroundTemperature, etc.).

I have no experience with Python or any other programming language, so my question is: am I missing something?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi Jorge,

It looks right to me. You need to add all the additional objects to additionalStrings_ and it should work fine.

Mostapha

Hi Jorge,

That looks right to me, you will need to add the Site:GroundDomain:Slab as an additional string.

Mostapha and Anton,

Thank you very much for your quick replies!! I am glad it is right.

Jorge

Hi again,

Some months after I came up with the idea, I am finally trying to use the GroundDomain in Honeybee for a single-storey building with a slab on grade.

When I asked the previous question, I forgot that apart from changing the boundary condition and adding the strings for the other necessary EP objects (in my case: “Site:GroundTemperature:Undisturbed:Xing”, “Site:GroundDomain:Slab” and “SurfaceProperty:OtherSideConditionsModel”), it is needed to change the Outside Boundary Condition Object field of the “BuildingSurface:Detailed” to the name given to the SurfaceProperty:OtherSideConditionsModel object (in my case: oscm_slab).

How could I do this?

For some hours I have tried many possibilities, but I could not make it work. I attach a very simple HB model ready to be run with the Ground Domain object once this last issue is solved.

Thank you!!
Jorge

OSCM_test.gh (499 KB)

Hy how did you solve that probem. i find your photos are laso deleted now . can you help me solve the problems

Hi - you can find the original thread with all attachments here:

-wim

1 Like