HB 1.7.0 Odd results for daylight factor calculation

Hi everyone,

I am using Honeybee v1.7.0 for daylight calculation. I already did 3 projects with this tool and it worked perfectly.

Here I have odd results (see picture below). The results are not uniform (even if I adapted the Radiance simulation parameters).

I tried many things :

• Remove the surface for the ground
  • Tried grid from room component
  • Different offsets of the grid from the ground

I tried to model it in IES VE and I don’t have the same results at all.

I don’t know if there is an impact but I imported geometry from a SKP model.

Does someone have an idea about this issue ?

Unfortunately, I can’t upload my Grasshopper model because I am a new user. Maybe I can send it in private messages.

Thanks a lot !

Thank you for considering sharing the sample file. You can upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, or other similar services and share the link. That way someone should be able to help you.

Hi again !

You can find my Grasshopper model on the link below !

Have a good day !

Hi @GeoLaFrite,

Try to increase the ambient resolution in the Radiance parameters. You can use the “HB Ambient Resolution” component to calculate an appropriate value.

Hi @mikkel
I tried to increase it, I even tried with a value of 0 (if I well understood it is the most accurate ambient resolution) and I still have the problem.

Hi @GeoLaFrite,

I tried to run it with -aa 0.1 -ar 714 and the distribution of light seemed reasonable. I used the medium detail level in HB Radiance Parameter and added the values of aa and ar as additional parameters.

Hi @mikkel
Thanks a lot ! It is quite better like this !

1 Like