HB Annua/ Daylight fail to run

Hi, dear Ladybugue community.

My HB Annua/ Daylight fail to run to simulate the daylight.

The report are:"
{0;0}
0. Runtime error (PythonException):
The recipe failed to run with the following error(s):

2024-01-11 20:50:25 ERROR: “DirectSunlight” failed. See below for more information:
: cannot load matrix
2024-01-11 20:50:29 ERROR: “DirectSunlight” failed. See below for more information:
2024-01-11 20:50:34 ERROR: “DirectSunlight” failed. See below for more information:
2024-01-11 20:50:38 ERROR: “DirectSunlight” failed. See below for more information:
2024-01-11 20:50:41 ERROR: “DirectSunlight” failed. See below for more information:
2024-01-11 20:50:44 ERROR: “DirectSunlight” failed. See below for more information:

Execution Summary
Scheduled 66 tasks of which:

• 21 ran successfully:
    • 1 CreateDirectSky(…)
    • 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    • 1 CreateSkyDome(…)
    • 1 CreateTotalSky(…)
    • 6 DirectSky(…)
  • 6 failed:
    • 6 DirectSunlight(…)
  • 39 were left pending, among these:
    • 10 were missing external dependencies:
      • 1 CalculateTwoPhaseMatrix(…)
      • 1 CalculateTwoPhaseMatrixLoop(…)
      • 1 RunTwoPhaseDaylightCoefficient(…)
      • 1 TwoPhaseRaytracing(…)
      • 6 TwoPhaseRaytracingLoop(…)
    • 12 had failed dependencies:
      • 6 OutputMatrixMath(…)
      • 6 _TwoPhaseRayTracing_ae79e661Orchestrator(…)
    • 7 had missing dependencies:
      • 1 AnnualMetricsPostprocess(…)
      • 1 LetAnnualDaylightEnhancedFly(…)
      • 1 RestructureDirectSunlightResults(…)
      • 1 RestructureTotalResults(…)
      • 1 _Main_7efbbeb4Orchestrator(…)
    • 10 was not granted run permission by the scheduler:
      • 1 CalculateTwoPhaseMatrix(…)
      • 1 CalculateTwoPhaseMatrixLoop(…)
      • 1 RunTwoPhaseDaylightCoefficient(…)
      • 1 TwoPhaseRaytracing(…)
      • 6 TwoPhaseRaytracingLoop(…)

This progress looks :frowning: because there were failed tasks

Traceback:
line 153, in script
"

I attach the file. Could you please kindly help me solve this issue?

Hi @Lingling,

I don’t see any attached file.

Please share the log file. There should be file called logs.txt in the folder highlighted below. You should find this in the project folder.

1 Like

Thank you for the response @mikkel .

Actually, I just realise I am a new member of this community. So that I cannot upload the file. So I upload my file in the milanote: Issues

You may download it there.

I searched this log file you mentioned. But I cannot find it. It’s likely due to my being a newcomer and not yet accustomed to this software. Sorry about any inconvenience :rofl:.

Sincerely,
Ling

Hi @Lingling,

I was able to run your file. Have you checked that you are not running out of disk space while the recipe is running?

Since you did not change the default folder, you should be able to find the log file in a path similar to the one below:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\simulation\unnamed\annual_daylight_enhanced\__logs__

Hello @mikkel I upload my logo in the link:Issues. Could you please kindly help me check the issue?

:blush:

Hi @Lingling,

If you still have issues, please double click the “HB Annual Daylight” component and edit the line as shown below. The debug folder can be any folder you want. After running the simulation again, please zip the debug folder that you specified and upload the zip file.

Hi @mikkel

I have the Pollination Rhino V1.43.5.0 installed.
I am running a simple room with a single grid. When i run the model with the ladybug grasshopper components, i get this error.

The recipe failed to run with the following error(s):

2024-02-28 13:52:44 ERROR: "AnnualMetricsFile" failed. See below for more information:
    AssertionError: Expected 2-dimensional array. Dimension of array is 3
2024-02-28 13:52:45 ERROR: "AnnualMetricsFile" failed. See below for more information:
2024-02-28 13:52:45 ERROR: "AnnualMetricsFile" failed. See below for more information:

Execution Summary
Scheduled 30 tasks of which:
* 12 ran successfully:
    - 1 CreateOctree(…)
    - 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    - 1 CreateSkyDome(…)
    - 1 CreateTotalSky(…)
    - 1 GenerateSunpath(…)
    …
* 3 failed:
    - 3 AnnualMetricsFile(…)
* 15 were left pending, among these:
    * 4 were missing external dependencies:
        - 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracing(…)
        - 3 AnnualDaylightRaytracingLoop(…)
    * 3 had failed dependencies:
        - 3 _AnnualDaylightRayTracing_28ff6c38Orchestrator(…)
    * 4 had missing dependencies:
        - 1 LetAnnualDaylightFly(…)
        - 1 PostProcessAnnualDaylight(…)
        - 1 RestructureResults(…)
        - 1 _Main_28ff6c38Orchestrator(…)
    * 4 was not granted run permission by the scheduler:
        - 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracing(…)
        - 3 AnnualDaylightRaytracingLoop(…)

This progress looks :( because there were failed tasks

Please find the debug folder here

please find the log file attached
logs.log (88.0 KB)

Surprisingly, i am able to run the simulation when i use the grasshopper and rhino pollination runs.
When i try and use the local simulation folder to post process in grasshopper, i get another error,

Could not find file 'C:\Users\Anuj.Mittal\Documents\00 PROJECTS\01 Pollination Workshop\04_Daylighting\Simulation\Arenaannualdaylightstudy02\annual_daylight\results\Grid_0d12c1ae.ill'.

and i confirm that we dont have any .ill file in the results folder.

Attaching the hbjson model for you to replicate the issue.

test.hbjson (609.5 KB)

Thanks
Anuj

Hi @anujm1ttal,

Is there a chance that you used a panel for the Radiance parameters and hit enter at the end? The image below is from the log file. This will split the CLI command in two which causes errors down the line. I can recreate this by hitting enter in the panel, and I get the same error that you also showed me yesterday.

We can add an input handler that strips the string from any of these escape characters.

@mikkel you are a legend. :grinning:

yes. i confirm that the issue was the panel. the error with the ladybug tools simulation is solved.

can you please confirm if you are able to recreate the issue with the pollination local runs?

Thanks
Anuj

1 Like

Hi @anujm1ttal,

It works fine for me with Pollination local runs.

do you see the ill files in the results folder?

Ah, I forgot to check that! No, that will not work. You are probably using the recipe with the -viz tag? If you want the results folder you should use the -full tag. If you right click the recipe component, look for “Get a recipe by name”, and change the string of the recipe. You can change ladybug-tools/annual-daylight/0.10.15-viz to ladybug-tools/annual-daylight/0.10.15-full.

The recipe that is part LBT Grasshopper restructures the results, but we don’t always want that for cloud studies since it can get quite heavy if you have many sensors. That is why the recipes on Pollination have extra tags.

1 Like

Yes, i am using the recipe with the -viz tag.

What i understood from the workshop was that the both the recipes are the same with just the post processing of the vis-set as an added step to the -viz recipes.

will need to go through the documentation of each recipe.
Can you please provide a link for the documentation. Thanks.

I will try with the full recipes and get back to you. thanks a lot @mikkel for your quick feedback.

Anuj

1 Like

The documentation for each individual recipe and their tags is not well documented, but for all of them it is similar to this table. In the figure below the table you will see why we split the recipe into -viz and -full tags. That figure is for cloud studies, but if you run it locally the difference should be smaller.

1 Like