I was just making a model with using the HB properties by guide surface.
I think there is something wrong in this component.
airwalls.hbjson (1.0 MB)
no_airwalls.hbjson (1.0 MB)
I would like to use it to define walls as airwalls. When using it the HB annual loads gives me the following error message:
Runtime error (MissingMemberException): ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘values’
line 676, in _normalize_collection, “C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\result\loadbalance.py”
line 480, in load_balance_terms, “C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\result\loadbalance.py”
line 352, in script
When I look at the visualise by type I see that in the place where the airwall should be there is both an airwall as a normal wall.
Here a screenshot of the workflow:
Hi @Erikbeeren ,
It’s a little tough to understand how the “Properties by Guide Surface” isn’t working from just your HBJSON and the screenshots. But I can see that both of the HBJSON models that you uploaded are invalid for a few reasons:
There’s definitely some invalid geometry in there and the HB Validate Model component would make this clear.
If you want, I’ll fix your geometry quickly with the Pollination Rhino plugin and then you can let me know if you still get this unexpected behavior of the Guide surface using a clean, valid HBJSON.
Yea, there was quite a lot wrong with the geometry in that HBJSON. But it’s nothing that could not be quickly fixed with a couple of iterations with PO_RebuildRooms, PO_AlignInPlan and PO_SolveAdjacnecy.
Here is your fixed HBJSON:
no_airwalls_CLEAN.hbjson (882.4 KB)
Let me know if you still have issues now that you’re working with a clean valid model.
Thank you for sorting this all out. I was not aware the model contained a lot of inaccuracies. It was probably to long ago I made my last BEM moddel.
After trying different methods I also managed to find a solution for the HB properties by guide surface.
In the past I used this method, with a guide surface that roughly matched the position of the wall I wanted to alter. For a lot of cases this works. Only in the stair space of this house it did not work well. When using an exact coinciding surface, problems where gone.
Thanks for all the work Chris and sorry for sharing such a poor model.
Intersect_mass.gh (129.8 KB)
Glad to hear that you were able to get it to work and it sounds like it had been a geometry tolerance issue as expected. Definitely no worries about sharing the model. Practically any model that’s built from real design geometry is going to have tolerance issues like this so, if anything, it just lets me know this is a real project :).
But getting these issues identified and fixed quickly is a major reason why we put together the validation routine and why so much of the Pollination Rhino plugin’s functionality is built around automated fixes for the validation errors. So, when you get stuck, the validation is always a good thing to check.