HB solar radiation

I Want to calculate solar radiation of a building with its corresponding exterior material parameters. Is it possible to it with HB.?I dont find any solar radiation box with the latest version!

Hi @khaoula - sounds like you’re looking for the HB Annual Irradiance component

1 Like

yes
with material based calculation
I don’t find it

HI @charlie.brooker
Is there any gh file or video tutorial so I can run the HB Annual Irradiance component.
thanks a lot

HI @charlie.brooker
Is there any gh file or video tutorial so I can run the HB Annual Irradiance component.
thanks a lot
[/quote]

Hi @khaoula,

This is for Daylight but the process is almost identical, just replace the HB annual daylight with HB annual irradiance when you get to that step

1 Like

Ok thank you
I am in

@charlie.brooker
Unfortunately with HB Annual Irradiance, it is not possible to run a simulation with the context as it is with le LB radiation analysis. Is there any other component I can use for this purpose? I mean solar radiation simulation for a large urban scale with reflections.
Thanks

Hi @khaoula, It is definitely possible, you need to add context to the Shade input of the HB model which will then result in shading from context to any sensor points in your model.

1 Like

@charlie.brooker
I have finally set up the pipeline for the HB annual irradiation analysis. My objective is to obtain irradiance data for each point on a large urban scale. Initially, I calculate the irradiance (IR) simultaneously for 9 buildings by using the same geometry in the model and applying it to shades. Then, I calculate the IR for one building (putting the geometry in the model input) while keeping the other 9 buildings in shades input. Upon comparing the results point by point between the two methods, I have identified differences in the IR. These differences vary, with some points showing minimal variations and others exhibiting significant differences (100 W/m²). It is important to note that accurate results are obtained with non-shaded surfaces, such as roof surfaces.
Which is the best way to proceed giving the strongest results?
1/calculate IR with all the buildings in the model and shade
2/ one by one by selecting manually the shade buildings
HB_pipeline_Blog.gh (411.5 KB)

Hi @khaoula,

You need to internalise the geometry going into the GenPts, Faces and Shades (or if you did it didn’t come through when I opened it as I don’t have Rhino inside Revit installed).

This is a new GH with geometry internalized
HB_pipeline_Blog.gh (433.7 KB)