Heating/Cooling Setbacks 1.0.0

Hello,

As far as I see there is currently no option to set SetBacks for cooling and heating. SetBack = SetPoint values on default. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks for your time and help

Hi @Wujo ,

Setbacks were never truly a set-able in Legacy because the timing of when the setback starts/ends was a function of the currently-applied setpoint schedule, which might have been a constant value and not had a setback. So, in LBT Honeybee, you can “read” the setback if it exists (it’s basically just the most extreme value of the setpoint schedule). However, the way to set it is by making your own setpoint schedule and applying it to the room (or program) like so:

1 Like

Thank you @chris!

Just to be sure - In Legacy - SetBack values, that were already in a schedule (applied to a zone), were replaced by values supplied by “Set EnergyPlus Thresholds” component? So if there were no SetBack value in a schedule - for example a constant schedule with SetPoint of same 24 values - no SetBack was applied?

I never gave it a deeper thought but it would be good to know.

Yes, I am 99% sure that is how Legacy worked but, for this reason, I would generally suggest not to put all of your trust in the setback input on the Legacy “Set EnergyPlus Thresholds” component. When it comes to setbacks, it’s always much better to explicitly make a setpoint schedule whether you are in Legacy or the new LBT plugin.

1 Like