Help needed to customise constructions, zones, programs?

Hi everyone,
I have some questions regarding my ability to 1) customise specific wall constructions, 2) program some zones differently to others, and 3) incorporate split floor 2 thermal zones on some specific large square/rectangle zones.

Has my grasshopper construction painted me in a corner so to speak where my whole building cannot have individually customised zones, names, constructions, programs etc.?

Do I need to create each zone individually using surfaces if I need to customise specific walls, or program certain zones (like in this video by Chris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVOB-0oGQzI&list=PLruLh1AdY-)? This is a pretty laborious option given the size/complexity of my factory.

Where I currently stand on my 3 concerns:

1. My build so far seems to break down at the Mass2Zone competent with no idea how to assign individual names and programs to my zones.
  2. I am able to adjust any given wall as a custom construction by decomposing the zone, but am lost how to put the whole build+plus an edited wall then into the open studio as a whole building.
  3. I have no idea how to link in the Split2Zone into my build as it stands.

Hopefully this makes sense, I am a little lost and any help would be greatly appreciated. :upside_down_face:
Factory.gh (561.6 KB)

1 Like

Hi @ajeb,

Have a look at the template below. It is important to keep names structured.

Customing constructions is quit complex in Honeybee. Also here it is important to keep the lists/zones structured.

template.gh (528.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much @Erikbeeren that all worked perfectly when I applied it to my model. :partying_face: