Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of 400 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Vienna, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami); Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL and Charlotte, NC. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, energy consulting and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking applicants for a Senior Building Scientist / Simulation Guru position in our Boston headquarters. The Senior Building Scientist / Simulation Guru will be responsible for consulting services related to energy and thermal comfort optimization of building envelopes. As a resource to our firm and clients, they will expand BR+A’s services, complementing our energy consulting and engineering team. The candidate must have professional experience and technical knowledge of the practical application of building envelope systems. The ability to provide holistic guidance is paramount, including accounting for constructability, relative construction cost, and installed performance. Experience with parametric building simulation is preferred. Experience with building envelope commissioning is preferred. Experience with Passive House and Zero Net Energy buildings is preferred.
- Report directly to the Director of our Sustainability Department.
- Plan, organize, and manage envelope consulting services.
- Review architectural drawings and specifications, and coordinate with other consultants to recommend opportunities for increased efficiency, improved thermal comfort, reduced environmental impact, and system optimization.
- Direct projects with responsibility for delivery, budget, quality, and client relationships.
- Perform detailed thermal analysis using HEAT3, THERM and other industry standard software.
- Author Excel-based envelope tools for streamlined analysis in early design phases.
- Guide thermal comfort analysis by engineering staff.
- Guide parametric building simulation of envelope performance.
- Collaborate with energy modeling staff to ensure accurate accounting of envelope systems.
- Assist with recruiting and provide mentoring of staff, as this service sector grows.
- Participate in growth of sustainability market leadership.
- Participate in business development and marketing.
- BS in relevant field of Engineering or Architecture; MS preferred.
- PE or RA preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in envelope consulting, envelope commissioning, or directly related field.
- Technical expertise in building envelope design, analysis and construction.
- Proficient with envelope thermal modeling and parametric software.
- Experience with project management and aptitude for business development.
- Excellent and diverse technical and professional capabilities and commitment to growth.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including medical/dental coverage and 401K, to all our full-time employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Please contact JKnowles@brplusa.com