Honeybee 1.2.0/1.2.1 Issue: Type must be plastic not Plastic

Of the many errors and bugs that I’ve already seen, this is one of the most bizarre. I’m finding a lot of problems for just installing LBT 1.2.0. Im running Rhino 7 SR6 7.6.21127, TRIAL, on a Win 10 machine.

Everything started when I testet a file for sDA using Honeybee made available by a user in this forum. I readily checked the functions are downgraded everything necessary to 1.2.0. Main problem: AnnualDaylight component was just returning:

1. Solution exception:Recipe “annual-daylight” is not installed.

Yes, I’ve installed the right version of Radiance (5.3) and also placed in C:/Radiance. HB Check Versions also detects it.

After the downgrade to 1.2.0 Radiance runs the job, BUT then it spits out:

1. Solution exception:Não foi possível localizar o arquivo ‘C:\Users\bruno\simulation\Model_ASE_sDA\Radiance\annual_daylight\metrics\udi_lower\Test.udi’.
    (Not possible to find the UDI file)

So, no luck with the 1.2.0 version, and the 1.2.1 still present in the file doesn’t find the Annual Daylight recipe:

1. Solution exception:Recipe “annual-daylight” is not installed.

So I try using the LB Versioner also cleaning the standards.

1. The Versioner component has, itself, been changed between the current version (1.2.0) and the version you are changing to (1.2.1). It is recommended that you resart Rhino and run the new Versioner coponent to ensure that everything is consistent.

After using the versioner to upgrade it the most recent version (1.2.1), I started getting this error message for some HB related functions, like RoomSolids and GridRooms:

Type must be plastic, not Plastic.

Nothing functions. Even with the versioner exhibing the same Plastic error message, Ive used it again.

Ive already made sure that Rhino has access to Python, but im too tired to remember the exact steps.

Plz halp me :frowning:

The installed version of your core libraries is out of sync with the version of the components on your Grasshopper canvas. Use the “LB Sync Grasshopper File” component to synchronize the components on the canvas with your installed version.

Hi Chris, thanks for answering, but it didn’t work.

I’ve called the SyncGHFile function inside the downloaded algorithm, and it has updated many HB and LB components, but I get the same error message anyways. From both the components already inside and also from the toolbar. I tried to recompute to no avail

I’ve again tried to downgrade to 1.2.0 and repeat this process. Got the same UDI problem as before:

1. Solution exception:Não foi possível localizar o arquivo ‘C:\Users\bruno\simulation\Model_ASE_sDA\Radiance\annual_daylight\metrics\udi_lower\Test.udi’.

Could this be a problem with the Radiance installation?

Nope. It’s definitely because your core libraries and components are not synced using the latest development version. If you want to use the latest development version, you should:

1. Run the “LB Versioner” with no version_ connected and with clean_standards_ set to True.
  2. Restart Rhino/Grasshopper.
  3. Open your desired .gh file and run the “LB Sync Grasshopper File” component.

Then, you will have an installation and .gh definition using the latest development version

@chris I am having a problem with Honeybee components. When I try to create a Room from my rhino geometry, which has only 6 faces, everything seems fine but when i explode the room in order to manipulate the faces, it gave me 15 faces; and I am not even capable of select them with a List Item. Same with the HB face component, i use one single face as input and as output gives me 4 faces.
I am not sure if the problem is due to the different versions of the components, in the image you can see there are components in 1.2.3 and others in 1.2.0. If thats the case, i have already tried what you told to @Havoc of using LB versioner/restart rhino/ use LB sync…
Thans in advance.

Orlando

@orlandogonzalez ,

In the LBT plugin, the curved geometries get planarized (turned into the actual geometry for the simulation engine) as soon as you connect the geometry to the Honeybee components. So, if you want things to be consistent before and after the component, you should planarize your geometry before you connect it to the Honeybee components. You can use the HB Planarize Brep component to help you planarize the Brep beforehand.

Hi @chris thanks for your answer. I still have the problem with the list of faces that are generated when i use HB Deconstruct Object, i can´t select any of the faces with List Item. Like the component is recognising the face, as you can see in the panel connected to the output of the List item, but is not shown in the preview.

Thank you in advance.

Nevermind @chris it is solved my question¡

1 Like