Honeybee 3DM & test points data structure

hi @devang

here it is, thanks

TestFiles

Thanks a lot for trying this @OlivierDambron. I patched it. You can try now. Attached are hbjson and csv I generated. The hbjson has one sensor grid object for the grid layer that you have in the file. Use this link to download the generated files.

1 Like

Here’s the image exported from an html generated using honeybee-vtk

2 Likes

HI @devang

sorry for the late reply, it’s competition season…
I’ve succesfully installed the new patched version of honeybee-3dm.

However, the csv is generated empty. I’ve tried to simplify the geometry to make simple tests and the bug remains.

Hey @OlivierDambron,
Did you forget to supply the config file?

There we go! Thanks so much @devang , with this I can do all I need, reconstruct my points following a logic and match the data structure.

Let me know if you prefer that I keep the fork to clear your repository or if you’re good like this.

I assume the point generating function in honeybee-3dm is the same as honeybee in grasshopper?
On grasshopper, I often encounter issues such as :

Or

I’ve tried switching tolerances up and down and it’s quite unpredictable.
Is it fair to assume honeybee-3dm behaves similarly?

Not exactly same implementations but both the LBT grasshopper plugin and honeybee-3dm use Ladybug Core libraries undet the hood.

Don’t worry about it. I will maintain my branch until you ask me to delete it.

It should be the same as the point-generating Grasshopper component when you set quad_only_ to True. When you set it to False or leave the default, the component will use Rhino’s meshing agorithm.