Honeybee data sorting

Hi everyone!

I have two issues that I am stuck on and I would really appreciate if someone could help me!

1. As indicated on the attached picture I have 4 roof surfaces for which I calculated hourly surface temperatures. The problem is that I want to make an average for every hour out of all 4 surfaces, but the data is not divided into branches and instead of getting data for 4 x 8760 I get all data at once (35000).

2. The second problem I have is related to the data is related to the walls. How can I classify the orientation of each surface (north, east, etc…). The reason I want to do this is to make an average temperature of all surfaces located towards each orientation.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Mihail

HB surfaces test.gh (469 KB)

Hi Mihail,

1. I haven’t opened the file but I assume it is a result of grafted data for _srfData input. You just need to flatten it.

2. Honeybee doesn’t have a component for that but you can use Grasshopper and check the angle of each surface normal to Y-axis (which is north).

Mostapha

Thanks Mostapha!

1. It works now, I tried flattening it before but it for some reason did not work.

2. Yes, this function I know. Thanks, though

Mihail

As for 2., this seems like a reasonable enough of a user request. I will try to make a component for it at some point:

https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/issues/330

-Chris