Honeybee DF & Annual Daylight Simulation Error - Runtime error (PythonException)

Hello.

I am trying to run Daylight Factor and Annual Daylight Simulations with the respective HB recipes, in order to examine various variants of shading elements for an atrium. Although for some variants I am able to finish the simulations and get results (for those with fewer shading elements), for most of them Honeybee gives me error, whose details you can find below (this error is the one I got in my last try to run the DF recipe). Also, I have attached the gh file that I am using.

"Runtime error (PythonException): The recipe failed to run with the following summary:
Scheduled 9 tasks of which:

• 6 ran successfully:
    • 1 CreateOctree(…)
    • 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    • 1 DaylightFactorRayTracing(…)
    • 1 DaylightFactorRayTracingLoop(…)
    • 1 GenerateSky(…)
  • 1 failed:
    • 1 RestructureResults(…)
  • 2 were left pending, among these:
    • 2 had failed dependencies:
      • 1 LetDaylightFactorFly(…)
      • 1 _Main_c4ed2ed7Orchestrator(…)
        This progress looks :frowning: because there were failed tasks
        Use the report_out attribute of recipe settings to see a full report.
        Traceback:
        line 82, in script"

Component Message

"1. Solution exception:The recipe failed to run with the following summary:
Scheduled 9 tasks of which:

• 6 ran successfully:
    • 1 CreateOctree(…)
    • 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    • 1 DaylightFactorRayTracing(…)
    • 1 DaylightFactorRayTracingLoop(…)
    • 1 GenerateSky(…)
  • 1 failed:
    • 1 RestructureResults(…)
  • 2 were left pending, among these:
    • 2 had failed dependencies:
      • 1 LetDaylightFactorFly(…)
      • 1 _Main_c4ed2ed7Orchestrator(…)
        This progress looks :frowning: because there were failed tasks
        Use the report_out attribute of recipe settings to see a full report."

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Simulation Pipeline_Atrium.gh (200.2 KB)

Hello @chris.
Do you have any idea on this topic?
Thank you in advance.

Hi @arisgrammatas,

I was not able to reproduce the error. It runs on my end, however, the creation of the octree takes a very long time for what should be a quite basic geometry. You should probably check that you don’t have any duplicate geometry in your shading elements.

To understand why it fails when restructuring the results please share the log file of the study, which you can find at the following path (or similar to this path).

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\simulation\[MODEL_NAME]\daylight_factor\__logs__\logs.log
2 Likes

Hi @mikkel,
I also got the same error as @arisgrammatas
I tried running Point-In-Time Grid-Based, PMV Comfort Map and Annual Daylight, but they only ran halfway and then encountered failed tasks (for example, when running Point-In-Time Grid-Based, I got ERROR: " RestructureResults" failed).
I have attached my files below. I’m new to this tool and these errors are confusing me. Do you or someone here know any way to solve them? If you need any more information, please let me know.
I sincerely thank you for your assistance.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11G3b0Ndcm5yNULP5PtWS6v-1CQxXF6ZS?usp=sharing

Hi @limasite48,

I am not able to recreate the issue, and the log file does not say much unfortunately. Are you using the latest version? You can update with LB Versioner. Do you still have the issue?

1 Like

Hi @mikkel ,
I have updated to the latest version of LB. Unfortunately, this error still occurs. I have checked both Python libraries and engines related to LB. Everything is fine but LB still doesn’t work :<
However, I tried running it on 2 other computers (both laptops) and LB seemed to work fine.
Is there a solution that ensures LB works reliably regardless of where it is installed? I’m thinking about installing a virtual machine, is it a reasonable solution?