HoneyBee - Energy + FATAL ERROR

Im trying to run an analysis through honeybee and energy+ but it keeps giving me errors.
I know that the gh definition is correct, because I used it in the past and it ran several times.
I reinstalled energy+, open studio, etc, but it keeps giving me this error:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** GetSurfaceData: There are 3 degenerate surfaces; Degenerate surfaces are those with number of sides < 3.
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CalcCoordinateTransformation: Invalid dot product, surface=“SHDSRF_39_9_49B5CE40-34D4-480A-ABE4-DFC84C525748_0”:
  3. The simulation has failed because of this fatal error:
    ** Fatal ** CalcCoordinateTransformation: Program terminates due to preceding condition.

these are the versions I have currently installed:

Hi @Aczimbarg,

I think there is something wrong with your geometry.

I will model it again. But it’s a rectangle, no funny shape.

I think you may be confused about component versions, @Aczimbarg . Your first screenshot shows a legacy Honeybee component that is deprecated and no longer recommended. Your second screenshot shows a new LBT 1.6 component.

If you are using LBT honeybee, then then you should use the HB Annual Loads component if you want to do a simulation like that legacy component.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for reply. I’m not confused. I’m using both,ladybug and honeybee and combining results for plant microclimates on facade.
I remodeled the context and fixed the error!

1 Like

Sorry for misunderstanding, @Aczimbarg . It’s just that the Check Versions component is not really intended to show you what versions of the engines the Legacy components use (they really only show what the LBT components use).

FYI, the geometry-processing methods of LBT Honeybee make it practically impossible for you to get that EnergyPlus error when you have a valid model. So, in the future, if you don’t want to remodel the geometry just upgrading the the LBT plugin will likely solve it without needing to remodel.