Honeybee.Example Files.0.0.56_005_Glare Analysis

Hi all, I am trying to run example glare analysis and have an error “Oconv.exe has stopped working”. Could anyone please let me know how to deal with it?

With many thanks,

Carmen

Hi Carmen,

It would help us if we knew the nature of the error. Try going to the folder where the analysis file are saved, right click on the .bat file and type “PAUSE” at the end. Save it and then double click it. Radiance will report the exact error.

Kind regards,

Theodore.

Hi Theodore,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Is here the error?

BR,

Carmen

Hi Carmen,

The error is “not an octree”. If you search the group and online you will find an explanation for it. Take a look at this discussion as well: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/ladybug/forum/topics/octree-erro…

As for the error could be a number of things. Quality of your geometry, type of geometry, or geometry stretching outside radiance’s bounding box around your geometry. Perhaps try including a ground plane that extends around your geometry or try expanding your test points outside your geometry?

Or even better try what Mostapha is suggesting in the thread above :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Theodore.

Dear Theodore,

It can run when I disconnected “context” to HBSurface. Maybe there is a problem with geometry of surrounding building in the example file. Thanks for your advice. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Carmen

005_GlareAnalysis_CL.gh (991 KB)

Carmen,

Can’t replicate the error. Runs fine at my system.

I suspect something is wrong with your path and permissions to write there. Change it and see if that helps.

-A.