Honeybee Test Points for Non Uniform Surface

Hi everyone,

sorry to bother you again, this time I’m having a problem regarding a grid for a grid based analysis.

I tried to use the grid generated by Honeybee but it’s irregular, it essentially concentrates most of the points on some areas, which is not good since it’ll prejudice the results.

Can I use the Grasshopper DivideSurface instead? It is supposed to generate a grid defined by the user… I tried already but, once I input, the software showes an error saying "Solution exception: ‘None type’ Object has no attribute ‘transform’ ", but the grid exists and has the same aspect (it’s already simplified).

Any suggestion?

Thank you all!

Simone

Hi Simone,

Are you cleaning the points generated by DivideSurface? Make sure there is no null data.

genTestPoints.gh (9.36 KB)

Hi Mostapha,

Thank you for your reply!

I’m having the same problem as Simone. You solved this problem but another one occurred :slight_smile:

As you know the Honeybee Generate Test Points has “mesh” as output and we can use it as an input in _inputMesh in the “Ladybug_Recolor Mesh” command for visualize the analisys together with the _analysisResult.

I’m using a custom grid of points as a _testPoints input in a Grid Based Analisys and in this case I have to create the mesh named before.

There is a way to generate a mesh that will work correctly (without holes) together with the analysis result?

Thank you,

Alessandro

MeshSurface.gh (505 KB)

1 Like

Hi Alessandro, Check the attached file. It’s not perfect but it should be good enough for your work. You can recreate the grid using the uv values.

Mostapha

here is the file.

MeshSurface_msr.gh (511 KB)

Thank you for your time!

It was very helpful as always!

Alessandro

Here is a similar topic: None Uniform Grid

1 Like