Hourly Outdoor Solar Reflection

Hi all,

I have used Ladybug tools only few times before.

I want to study the impact of solar reflections from a new construction project on the surrounding.

In particular, how much solar heat is reflected from a new building into the neighboring buildings and surrounding ground area. The extra solar heat gain in the surrounding caused by my new building.

So maybe subtract hourly solar radiation data with and without the new building to see the difference.

Therefore, I am wondering if there a tool in Ladybug tools suitable for such analysis? Capable modeling hourly reflections from a building with a custom envelope material?

Could you please guide me if Ladybug Tools is suitable for this analysis and what is the best procedure for doing this study.

Thanks

hi
If you are going to check the amount of solar heat gain from neighboring buildings, you can use the HB Annual Irradiance recipe and determine the test points inside a building. With this, you can get the average or peak test points annually. If you need the results hourly throughout the year, it is better to use Compent of HB Annual Results to Data Annual Results to Data for a specific test point.
with this workflow you can investigate the reflection of surface of the neighbor buildings

best regards
Ali Goharian

Thank you for your response. The HB Annual Irradiance recipe uses 2-phase method? Is the 2-phase method suitable for outdoor solar reflection projects?

i think this concept has not conflict with 2-phase. maybe it is better to ask @mostapha and @chris