How can I do Annual Daylight calculation with Clear Sky and Direct Radiation only?

Hello,

I’m studying the energy performance of louver-facade per each orientation.
I need to do the annual(in fact, a day) calculation, so I used HoneybeePlus_Annual Daylight Recipe to run radiance.
But, in this case, I can only use the full weather data(epw), which includes the observed radiation values.

Is there any solution to do annual radiation calculation with Clear sky and direct radiation only in HoneyBee Plus?

p.s. by the way, I downloaded HB+ from Food4Rhino. So far, I found some errors and want to ask some questions.

1. I cannot make blackbody HB surface. When I input 0 for reflectivity, it returns to 0.35.
  2. I cannot keep empty for input of HBObjects on Run Radiance component to run simulation.
  3. To run different simulation, I kept the run “on”, locked canvas, changed inputs, and then unlocked canvas. But it results a strange values. Always I need to to turn of the “run” button.
  4. Although the input of Annual Daylight Recipe says the the unit is kWh, it seems that the result is Wh.
  5. What is the difference between Annual Daylight Recipe and Annual Radiation Recipe? Just the difference is that I can/cannot input the window surface?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

There are two options. I assume you are looking for ASHRAE clear sky?

For the rest of questions update Honeybee[+] and they will be solved. If there was any other issues after update please start a new topic.

Thanks Mostapha,

Yes, so far I have used honeybee[+] 0.0.04. Although I was searching where I can download 0.0.05, I couldn’t find from neither your posts nor food4rhino.
I remembered that there’s an Update component on Honeybee[+]. It fails several times and still I couldn’t download new version. I got the comments from the component as below;

Downloading ladybug the github repository to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts
Runtime error (PythonException): SystemError(u’\uc694\uccad\uc774 \uc911\ub2e8\ub418\uc5c8\uc2b5\ub2c8\ub2e4. SSL/TLS \ubcf4\uc548 \ucc44gr\ub110\uc744 \ub9cc\ub4e4 \uc218 \uc5c6\uc2b5\ub2c8\ub2e4.’,)
Download failed! Try to download and unzip the file manually form:
https://github.com/ladybug-tools/ladybug/archive/master.zip
Traceback:
line 78, in updateHoneybee, “”
line 157, in script

BUT, suddenly the component works and all the components are updated. Now I can use honeybee[+] 0.0.05.

Really thanks for your works. In fact, I’m a quite old user of Grasshopper from 2009. GH is the only ((node-based visual) programming language that I can use. It’s not easy to adapt to new forum environments and something others… I’ll try to learn.

Best regards,